Saarland Chamber of Crafts: Service for Innovation and Transfer of Technology
The Saarland Chamber of Crafts' Service for Innovation and Transfer of Technology (SIT) is a connector between craft and science. It provides support for craft enterprises during the implementation of technical innovations and promotes cooperation between craft enterprises and research institutions. The SIT plays an important role in the technical development of craft by providing information, training and consulting as well as contacts and project support.
The activities of SIT are funded by the Federal Ministry for Economic Affairs and Energy as well as Saarland’s Ministry of Economic Affairs, Labor, Energy and Transport.
Our activities include, among others:
- Technical consulting for craft companies in Saarland
- Information on technical standards, industrial property rights and innovation support programs
- Technical information in presentations, meetings, conferences and information material
- Publishing of articles, reports and information pamphlets,
- Support for working groups, associations and initiative groups
- Monitoring of technical development and evaluation of its importance for crafts
- Development of new skills and fields of activity including the design of courses and seminars
- Establishing contacts between craft companies, industry partners and research institutions
- Help and project support for research and development projects
Special emphasis lies on metals technology and in the field of ICT.