Courier, Express and Parcel (CEP) Agent
Courier, express and parcel (CEP) agents plan and organize the transportation and handling of parcels. They also advise customers and sell shipping services.
CEP agents mainly work for postal and express/courier service providers. They also work for forwarding companies and express services.
Course structure – areas of study
- In the first and second year of training
- Learn and work in CEP companies
- Process company transport orders and shipments
- Process and transport company shipments
- Deliver shipments to addressees
- Process, document and post payment transactions
- Analyze, process and document additional services
- Understand business processes and process operational data
- Plan, organize and manage the transport of shipments
- Win customers and cultivate customer base
- In the third year of training
- Be involved in staff measures and apply statutory labor regulations
- Document and analyze business processes
- Offer and sell services
- Prepare managerial decisions
CEP agents mainly find work with letter and parcel/courier and express companies.
After training, CEP agents have to decide on a field and specialization. The choices range from logistics and sales to cost accounting.
- Saarbrücken Vocational Training Center