Tourism and Leisure Agent
Tourism and leisure agents advise and inform customers on tourist services and attractions. They organize events and apply sales and marketing strategies to promote regional tourism.
Tourism and leisure agents work for tourist offices, wellness hotels, health resorts, excursion and cruise companies and water parks. They can also work in call centers or at car rental companies.
Course structure – areas of study
- In the first and second year of training
- Help craft own role within the organization
- Represent a tourism or recreation organization
- Analyze conditions of national and regional tourism and recreation sector
- Provide goal-oriented advice to customers on regional products and services within the tourism and recreation sector
- Understand business processes in the tourism and recreation sector
- Procure and manage goods and assets for organizations in tourism and recreation
- Analyze tourism and recreation markets and apply marketing strategies
- Plan and design tourism and recreational products and services
- Sell tourism and recreational products and services
- In the third year of training
- Successfully manage business processes in organizations in the tourism and recreation sector
- Plan, execute and follow-up on events
- Analyze external influences on the economic situation of organizations in the tourism and recreation sector
- Plan, manage and assess a project in the tourism and recreation sector
Tourism and leisure agents find employment in tourist information centers, local tourism offices, wellness hotels, spa resorts, excursion and cruise companies and water parks.
After training, tourism and leisure agents have to decide on a field and specialization. The choices range from visitor care and information, to commercial tasks in foreign tourism offices, recreation or wellness facilities.
- Halberg Vocational Training Center